THE WORKOUT STRUGGLE IS REAL
– Time: The advertising industry sometimes brings longer hours, making it more difficult to uphold gym dedication.
– Office Food: This industry also includes too many tasty bistro snacks and leftover meeting munchies.
– Easier Said Than Done: It’s easier to come up with excuses on why losing weight is too hard to do, rather than just doing it.
SOLUTIONS ARE WHAT WE DO
Organically, some of our team started a post work, workout group. What started with a few people doing a quick exercise DVD in the large conference room has grown into a trend that has really made a difference for some of our team.
– Efficiency: It is so much easier to dedicate 30 minutes to exercise when you know you don’t have to drive anywhere, and you can hop back to your desk to answer any urgent emails.
– Team bonding: Nothing says respect like grunting together over office burpees.
– Cost: We bring in at-home workout DVDs and many of us haven’t needed our gym memberships anymore – huge cost savings!
– Change: Switching workout routines is proven to elevate results – with DVD trades, we have dozens of different workouts at our fingertips.
– Furniture: We may not be ballerina graceful, so we’ve learned to move the furniture.
– Looking rough: If you have an office crush, you may not want them to see you sweatin’ bullets–that’s up to you.
– Profanity: Bring your ear muffs if you are easily offended, things can get rough when you’re doing mountain climbers.
Clear the room, bring some music and have a blast. You can thank me after you drop those holiday pounds!