Senior Account Executive
We’re looking for a proven, strategic and creative marketer to serve as a Senior Account Executive with a diverse skillset and a proven swiss-army-knife mentality. We’re the kind of agency where the sky’s the limit for driven and resourceful professionals who bring tenacity, positivity and a constant learner mentality. This person will oversee a portfolio of accounts, bringing strategic and creative ideas that grow client relationships.
We’re more interested in your drive, skills and attitude than we are your experience and pedigree, but you should understand the inner workings of an agency and be confident consulting with executive-level clients.
Successful candidates will be:
- People looking for a career and a place they can grow and flourish
- Willing to put in extra hours during crunch times
- Team players
- People for whom “good enough” is never good enough
- People who like to get their hands dirty from time to time
- People who are bold, courageous, inclusive, empathetic, honest, creative, idea-generating, fun, real and have integrity
Interested? Here’s the fine print:
The senior account executive (SAE) must leverage his/her extensive and proven experience in a true consultative role by providing strategic and consistent recommendations to ensure a client’s marketing needs are met. The SAE is also responsible for internal initiatives that promote our culture, educate our staff or assist management team. The SAE is responsible for the relationship between the agency and clients. S/he must be knowledgeable in both the client’s business and the agency business. The SAE reviews all strategic and media decisions formulated by the various operating departments before they are delivered to the client. They also review all creative concepts to confirm whether they meet strategic goals before delivery to the client for approval. The SAE supervises, directly or indirectly, the work of account executives or assistant account executives in servicing accounts or managing projects.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Maintains direct, senior-level client contact, managing full range of client types and projects
- Directs and supervises the activities of account executives and assistant account executives to ensure proper agency service to clients. Maintains focus on talent development
- Works in a proactive manner to provide client marketing plans with the greatest amount of added value
- Analyzes client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc., to produce full communications plans
- Devises communications strategies, and develops and participates in new business pitches
- Ensures technical and product representations are appropriate
- Provides creative, production, media and public relations staff with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required; ensures that advertising strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients, and understood by the creative and media groups
- Presents and effectively sells communications plans, concepts and media plans to clients; where creative and media personnel are present, supports them in selling concepts and plans
- Provides clients with budget updates and coordinates project timing and budgets with agency personnel
- Keeps apprised of all relevant client, industry and market developments
- Works with research and other non-creative freelance resources
- Ensures all billings are entered into Workamajig software and ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable
- Seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a supportive role in their development
- Represents the agency at industry functions — promotes the agency at every opportunity. Is fully familiar with agency credentials and specialties.
- Conducts him or herself outside the agency in a manner in keeping with the firm’s core values and guiding principles.
Educations and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degrees in advertising, marketing, English, business communications or related field
- Minimum of 8-10 years of advertising agency experience Including management experience
- Track record of progressively responsible client facing positions in marketing strategy and communications
- Sense of entrepreneurship and ownership
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Characteristics
- Extensive knowledge of advertising and marketing practices and principles
- Ability to think strategically and apply that thinking to projects, plans and communications
- Project management skills with ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
- Ability to solve daily problems by analyzing situations, determining next step and implementing
All interested applicants should send cover letter, current resume and online portfolio to email@example.com with “Senior Account Executive” as the subject line.