The media buyer must leverage their proven experience in a true consultative role by strategically executing and managing media buys across traditional platforms including television, radio, OOH and print. This position requires that the candidate be a self-starter, extremely organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated. The successful candidate will also possess the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities while managing client expectations, timelines and coordination between various resources.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Ability to take direction and work closely with the media planner to develop schedules & campaigns that meet established CPP, GRP, R/F, daypart, or impression-based goals
- Identifies and evaluates new media opportunities based on campaign objectives
- Effectively negotiates to meet goals, optimize budgets and secure strong added value
- Monitors performance of assigned media campaigns, providing campaign reporting and recaps
- Optimizes plans and budgets according to the best media mix
- Prepares broadcast orders, insertion orders, production orders for all booked media
- Assists with reconciling media vendor invoices
- Coordinates launch of media campaigns with account team
- Maintains a working knowledge of all assigned/local market vendors and the strengths & weaknesses of each
- Builds strong relationships with media reps, attends industry invents, and stays up to date with industry trends
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications or related field.
- 2-3 years of media buying experience is required, including print, broadcast, out-of-home
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and media software (Strata & Scarborough)
- Must possess strong communication (written & verbal), interpersonal, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize schedules, self-manage deadlines, and be accountable of producing high quality work by deadlines
- Must have a thorough understanding of media buying and placement principles, practices and procedures
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide in depth analysis of media
- Must have great people skills and work well in a busy environment (in the agency) or at home (remotely)
All interested applicants should send cover letter and current resume to email@example.com with “Media Buyer” as the subject line.