Junior Digital Media Buyer
The junior digital media buyer (JDMB) is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing online marketing strategies across various industry verticals. S/he will be involved in the entire campaign lifecycle from strategy and planning to optimization and reporting. This position requires that the candidate be extremely organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, and willing to self-educate as needed.
This position reports to the Senior Digital Media Buyer and will assist with researching, managing and executing digital campaigns across multiple channels including but not limited to display, video, mobile, social, and paid search.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Participate in digital strategy and media planning meetings. Assist with establishing appropriate digital media mixes and budget recommendations.
- Create, manage and optimize digital ad campaigns across display, mobile, social, search and emerging media.
- Negotiate opportunities and pricing with new and current media partners.
- Ability to manage/maintain client’s campaign or annual budgets Analyze performance of in-flight campaigns in order to recommend and implement optimization strategies to meet ROI/KPI goals.
- Create detailed reports of campaign performance on a monthly or campaign basis including finding key insights.
- Work to share digital trends, capabilities and updates with both agency and media teams.
- Assist with media invoice reconciliation.
- Participate in client meetings to present recommendations, status updates, and metrics reporting as needed.
- Present him or herself outside the agency in a manner in keeping with the firm’s core values and guiding principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications or related field
- 3 years of relevant digital media experience (within an agency, or marketing department is preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics.
- Proven experience creating and implementing paid digital and social media strategies
- Experience providing and implementing strategic campaign optimizations
- Strong working knowledge of digital media platforms and uses including display, paid social and search
- Experience and strong understanding of SEM (Google and Bing Ads) is preferred, but not required
- Exhibit strong analytical thinking to interpret data and produce strategic insights
- Experience with campaign reporting on paid social, display, video, paid search and other digital platforms
- Experience using DoubleClick DCM is preferred, but not required
- Works efficiently within a fast paced and dynamic environment to meet all deadlines
- Highly dependable, organized and detail-oriented; great focus
- Must be a team player who helps contribute as needed
- Must possess strong communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work well in a busy environment (in the agency) or at home (remotely)
- Google Ads certification is preferred, but not required
- Google Analytics certification is preferred, but not required
All interested applicants should send cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Digital Media Buyer” as the subject line.