ChappellRoberts is seeking a savvy, bold and charismatic Account Executive. In this role, you’d be contributing to accounts in the B2B and nonprofit spaces and guiding projects through the agency. A few must-haves: a passion for digital marketing, strong writing and communications skills, and meticulous attention to details. And since we like to let loose from time to time, being fun to work with is a definite plus!
The account executive (AE) is a key agency function and one that wears many hats while juggling several different clients. This position serves as the daily contact between the agency and clients, as well as supporting and evolving the agency’s digital initiatives. The AE collaborates with various internal teams – understanding their role in the agency and our work product, particularly with interactive projects. Daily responsibilities include managing creative strategy and execution, media spend and planning as well as any other campaign activities. AEs must have top-of-mind awareness to scheduling, timing and budget at all times. The AE has a consultative approach, ensuring the client maintains confidence in work performed. The AE has major input in developing strategic marketing plans (both traditional and interactive) for his/her clients. The account executive may participate in new business efforts for clients. S/he reports to a senior-level member of the account service team.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Produces and supports advertising and marketing campaigns, pitches, communications, and creative materials as contracted for services by the client
- Meets regularly with production manager/creative director/traffic manager/media/public relations staff to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients/accounts
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing/media/public relations planning
- Performs daily entry of billing information into Workamajg software
- Reconciles monthly billing and sends invoices to clients
- Ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel
- Follows up to ensure work to be performed is delivered on time and to client’s satisfaction
- Communicates with clients on account matters as needed to ensure client needs are met
Educations and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications/public relations or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the communications field (preferably agency or advertising-related business).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Characteristics
- Ability to manage or coordinate small client projects or parts of major client projects
- Detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively, in teams and individually; self-starter
- Advanced ability to generate ideas, think quickly and consult with clients
- Ability to maintain confidential customer and company information
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Skills in effectively organizing work, files, records, etc., to maintain efficient workflow
- Strong knowledge of online advertising and marketing, including search engine marketing and social media
- Experience and/or working knowledge of HTML and email marketing platforms a plus.
All interested applicants should send cover letter, current resume and online portfolio to email@example.com with “Account Executive” as the subject line.