The account executive (AE) is a key agency function, serving as the daily contact between the agency and clients. The AE must also collaborate and work in tandem with the various internal teams – understanding their role in the agency and our work product. Daily responsibilities include managing creative strategy and execution, media spend and planning as well as any other campaign activities. AEs must have top-of-mind awareness to scheduling, timing and budget at all times. The AE has a consultative approach, ensuring the client maintains confidence in work performed. The AE has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for his/her clients. The account executive may participate in new business efforts for clients s/he might serve. Reports to a senior-level member of the account service team such as a senior AE or Director of Account Strategy. Real estate experience is a plus.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Produces and supports advertising and marketing campaigns, pitches, communications, and creative materials as contracted for services by the client.
- Meets regularly with production manager/creative director/traffic manager/media/public relations staff to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients/accounts.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing/media/public relations planning.
- Performs daily entry of billing information into Workamajig software.
- Reconciles monthly billing and sends invoices to clients.
- Ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Follows up to ensure work to be performed is delivered on time and to client’s satisfaction.
- Communicates with clients on account matters as needed to ensure client needs are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications/public relations or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the communications field (preferably agency or advertising-related business).
All interested applicants should send cover letter and current resume to email@example.com with “Account Executive” as the subject line.