Assistant Account Executive
ChappellRoberts is seeking a savvy, bold and charismatic Assistant Account Executive. In this role, you’d be contributing to our account service team and guiding projects and content through the agency. A few must-haves: a passion for marketing, strong writing and communications skills, and meticulous attention to details. And since we like to let loose from time to time, being fun to work with is a definite plus!
Supporting the Account Services team, the Assistant Account Executive (AAE) is responsible for accomplishing and coordinating tasks to aid in the completion of assigned marketing, communications and advertising-related projects. The AAE interfaces with the account team on a regular basis throughout the day. In addition, s/he meets regularly with the operations and creative teams to ensure jobs are on track and to maintain and implement any project updates. The AAE also tracks industry news concerning the accounts and implements social media, blog and/or PR content assignments as well as relevant research tasks for the account team. The AAE performs tasks independently with limited direct supervision and stays in direct contact with clients and SAEs on a daily basis, reporting on progress for all projects.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Meets regularly with account and operations team to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing and news coverage developments.
- Executes the creation and implementation of all social media, blog and PR content/activities for the agency and its clients.
- Works with account service personnel to develop social media, blog and publicity ideas for clients.
- Produces and supports advertising and marketing campaigns, pitches, communications, and creative materials as contracted for services by the client.
- Works closely with account team on advertising/marketing strategy for each client.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails.
- Captures clear and detailed notes to share after both internal agency and external client meetings
- Checks and manages approval of creative/production materials, estimates, copy, layouts and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Performs daily entry of billing information into Workamajig software, verifying and updating information as needed.
- Researches and keeps apprised of relevant client/industry news.
- Conducts him- or herself outside the agency in a manner in keeping with the firm’s core values and guiding principles.
Educations and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications/public relations or a related field.
- Minimum of one to two years of business experience supporting a marketing or sales group.
- Account coordination experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Characteristics
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively, in teams and individually; a self-starter.
- Ability to generate ideas, think quickly and consult with clients.
- Ability to maintain confidential customer and company information.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Solid organizational and follow-up skills.
- Skills in effectively organizing work, files, records, etc., to maintain efficient workflow.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small-group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve daily problems by analyzing situations, determining the next steps and implementing them.
- General knowledge of standard office practices and office equipment.
All interested applicants should send cover letter, current resume and online portfolio to email@example.com with “Assistant Account Executive” as the subject line.